Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1

Genre: Young Adult

Hardcover: 224 Pages

Publisher: Yen Press

ISBN-13: 978-0-7595-2943-4

My Rating: 4/5


When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerizing voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret...

This was my first time ever reading a graphic novel. I was kind of apprehensive about reading one because I thought it would be confusing to figure it out. But it was really simple. I don't think that graphic novels are necessarily for me, but they're still kind of interesting. One thing I liked about reading 'Twilight: The Graphic Novel' was seeing how someone else depicted 'Twilight' and what they made of the characters and scenes. Although, I will say that Bella looks a little bit like Stephenie Meyer.

Another thing that I noticed is that Bella seems very feminine in the graphic novel. Where I always took her as a very plain, ordinary teenager. In the graphic novel, she's depicted as being beautiful, always has her hair done and her makeup done. I didn't get that impression of her from the actual 'Twilight' novel. But, I guess it's all about everyone's perception of the characters. I really liked the drawings. They were very well done and I liked the fact that they were black and white with the odd color thrown in here or there.

'Twilight: The Graphic Novel' is an extremely short read-again I've never read a graphic novel so I can't compare. It seems to explain the story fairly well. It's been a long time since I've actually read Twilight so I'm going based off my horrible memory ha ha. I think that, creating a graphic novel is like taking notes on a lecture. You have to know what parts are important and what parts aren't. You have to pick between all the filler to get to the main points of the story. I think they got that pretty good in the graphic novel. Overall it was a good read with great pictures. I don't think I'd ever read a Graphic Novel again but, I guess we'll see.

Has anyone else read 'Twilight: The Graphic Novel'? What did you think of it? Or would you even read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment