Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Reading Level: Young Adult

Paperback: 368 Pages

Publisher: HarperTeen

ISBN: 978-0-06-198585-0

My Rating: 5/5
Evie's always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only one who can see through glamours. But now Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and cryptic messages-and she's realizing that she may be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures. So much for normal.

'Paranormalcy' was another book that I waited a long time to read. I didn't actually get the book till Christmas as a present but I could have bought it when it came out but I waited....I don't really know why. But, as usual, I LOVED it. It was amazing! I literally read it in a couple days. I haven't liked a book THAT much in a long time. I guess one good thing out of waiting for so long to read it is that now Supernaturally is out and I can just get it and read it!

'Paranormalcy' tells the story of a girl named Evie. She has worked and lived with the IPCA since she was very little. She has no idea who her parents are or where she comes from. She actually seems very content with her life and happy until she captures a paranormal named Lend. Her whole world gets thrown upside down as soon as Lend shows up in her life. Some of it's bad and some of it's good.

One of the things that I really liked about 'Paranormalcy' was the realistic aspect of it. Usually in books everyone is beautiful and they never worry about normal things like showering or shaving. Kiersten doesn't do that with Evie. Evie very much worries about things especially at completely random times when you wouldn't expect it. For example, she worries about how she hasn't shaved her legs and she is being forced to wear shorts after her whole life just came crashing down. It just adds something to the book that most others lack, it sets it apart from the rest of the books in this genre. There was amazing character development and I found myself liking every character in the book; yes, even the bad ones! 'Paranormalcy' is definitely worth checking out! If you haven't read it yet or, like me, are putting it off for no reason, move it to the top of your list. You will NOT be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like it! I LOVE this book, and I really adore Evie. She's such an easy protagonist to relate to, you know? Anyway, great review!

    Book Light Graveyard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have yet to read this book, although I have it. I am just a bit of a book hoarder and haven't gotten around to it, yet. LOL. Glad to hear that you liked it.

    Allison @ Well-Read Reviews

    ReplyDelete