Saturday, July 12, 2014

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Hardcover: 544 Pages

Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

ISBN: 978-0-06-202406-0

My Rating: 5/5


The faction based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered-fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories. But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature-and of herself-while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.
I really can't say enough good things about the Divergent trilogy! I love these books more than any other I've probably read ever. I fell in love with Four and Tris in Divergent and (although I got annoyed with them at times!) it followed through till the end of Allegiant. Roth did an amazing job writing these books! I haven't seen the Divergent movie yet but if it's half as good as the book I'll be happy!

 Allegiant picks up right where Insurgent left off. You don't miss a beat! They flow right into each other very nicely. Tris and Four both go through serious inner and outer turmoil in Allegiant. It's heartbreaking to read about all the troubles they go through and sometimes, yes, I wanted to smack them! lol. This book really tore me up. At first I wasn't sure how I felt when I finished it....then after I thought on it, I'm glad Roth ended the trilogy the way she did. It's so fresh and unique and much needed in the YA genre.

This trilogy is amazing! I really can't say enough good things about it. I'll be honest here and say that I actually convinced someone I know to read this. This person hates reading and has never read a book for pleasure in his entire life! I made him read Divergent (I was obsessed!) and he loved it so much! He read it in a couple days and then Insurgent followed right after. Then we were both anticipating the release of Allegiant. So if this trilogy can turn a book hater into a book lover, then it's definitely worth a read! I implore you to get this trilogy and read it if you haven't. You are missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment