Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan

Reading Level: Young Adult

Paperback (ARC): 320 Pages

Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin

Release Date: September 27, 2011

ISBN: 978-0-312-59056-7

My Rating: 4/5
In this thrilling first installment, a violent battle separates two young lovers on a ship bound for New Earth. Will they find a way back to their ship-and each other? And most importantly, will the survive and preserve the future of the human race?

When I first started reading 'Glow' I thought it was similar to 'Across The Universe' by Beth Revis. However, the more I read, the more I realized how entirely different the two books are. 'Glow' jumps right into action within the first couple of chapters. And it's one of those books that keeps you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire book! The book never really dragged for me but my opinion started to change a little towards the end.

'Glow' is the story of Keiran and Waverly. Two children on the spaceship Empyrean on a route to New Earth. That's why I felt it was similar to 'Across The Universe' and for those reasons alone. 'Glow' quickly distinguishes itself as an action packed, enticing read, that is unlike any other. I literally have not read a book even remotely close to 'Glow.'

Ryan sets herself apart from her competition in a fierce way. She is a notable up and coming and I'm very interested to read the rest of the series. I was completely enthralled in 'Glow' from about a third of the way in and couldn't put it down after. I quickly jumped into Ryan's world and loved every minute of it! It's a fantastic story with awesome characters and an incredible story line. And her ability to make you anxious to keep reading and building suspense, incredible! I will definitely be on the look out for the next book in the series and I think everyone should check out 'Glow' on September 27th.

1 comment:

  1. Great review, I will definitely have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete