Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Paperback: 480 Pages

Publisher: Harper Collins

ISBN: 978-0061726835

My Rating: 1/5


They say that the cure for love will make me happy and safe forever. And I've always believed them. Until now. Now everything has changed. Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.
I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for my rating and review of this book but, I'm sorry! I have to be honest and say how I really feel. I didn't like this book at all. And it's only because I couldn't get into it. I love to read and I found myself coming up with other things to do so I wouldn't have to read this book. I got a little over halfway and I just quit reading it because I couldn't finish. I knew if I didn't just stop reading it then I would never finish it and I wouldn't start anything else.

The characters were not relatable to me at all and I hate that. When a book is a little boring at least you can get through it if the characters are good but this book had neither for me. I didn't like any of the characters and I didn't like the plot. This book was not a good fit for me. I honestly had to go back and read parts that I had already read in the book (backtrack if you will) just so I could try to remember what I had read. When a book doesn't stick with you enough to put it down for a day and pick it back up and remember where you left off then that's not good.

I'm really sorry to have to give this one a bad review. But I really hated it. I see that a ton of people love it so maybe it was just my frame of mind when I was reading it, I'm not sure. I am planning in the future to pick it up and try reading it again but that won't be for a long time. For now, I'm moving on to better things and I've already completely forgot about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment