Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Reading Level: Young Adult

Paperback: 512 Pages

Publisher: Razorbill

ISBN: 978-1-59514-310-5

My Rating: 5/5
Dimitri's heart has gone dark. Now Rose must journey to the ends of the earth to find-and kill-her one true love...
or has the time come to
join him?
My heart shattered. My world shattered.
You will lose what you value most...
It wasn't my life...It wasn't even Dimtri's life.
What you value most.
It was his soul.

The 'Vampire Academy' series is one of my favorite series of books. Rose Hathaway, one of my favorite characters. I could probably rant and rave for hours about how amazing I think the Vampire Academy series is, but I think I've done that in the 3 reviews prior to this one. 'Blood Promise' is no joke. It's Rose on a whole new level. Mead's amazing ability to string together a story so perfectly is unbelievable!

The story is told through Rose Hathaway. She has left St. Vladamir's to keep her promise to Dimitri, the love of her lifetime. Impossibly sexy...he is like those men you hear about, tall, dark, and handsome! Rose shares an indescribable bond with her best friend, Lissa. But she leaves Lissa behind for Dimitri even though she has sworn to protect her. The story actually takes place throughout Russia. I was worried that I would miss all the drama back at the academy with Rose being in Russia, but you don't miss a beat! Rose regularly dives into Lissa's mind, just to check on her. And she has still has the dream encounters with Adrian.

Mead did an amazing job of blending two separate stories into one fantastic book! We get to read about Rose and everything she is going through in Russia. But we also get to know everything that is going on back at the academy with Lissa, Christian, and Adrian. There are also a ton of new characters introduced in 'Blood Promise.' One of those new people, well, I won't say who it is but he's important. And the book leaves off with Rose spinning another crazy scheme that easily will lead into Spirit Bound! I can not wait to read Spirit Bound. Hopefully I'll be picking it up soon!

1 comment:

  1. This series really is fantastic, although I'm pretty sure I have a love/hate relationship with it for many reasons that I won't say in fear of spoiling others but you can probably deduce. Still, Spirit Bound will not disappoint, that much I can say!

    ReplyDelete