Monday, July 25, 2011

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Reading Level: Young Adult

Hardcover: 391 Pages

Publisher: Scholastic

ISBN-13: 978-0-439-02349-8
ISBN-10: 0-439-02349-1

My Rating: 5/5

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark, are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol-a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.
Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

'Catching Fire' is the second book in 'The Hunger Games' series by Suzanne Collins. I fell in love with 'The Hunger Games' and all the characters. All this book did, was make me love it more! 'The Hunger Games' is one of the most incredible series I've read to date. I love it! Collins came up with an incredible series and I'm thankful I get to live in that world if even for a short time!

'Catching Fire' is the continuing story of Katniss Everdeen. She is doing a tour through the 12 districts with Peeta for being the Victors of the 74th Hunger Games. Life isn't much better for her though. She still seems really depressed and she's torn between Gale and Peeta. I love how Collins broke down her struggle in this book for Peeta and Gale. If she chooses Peeta, she's doing what the Capitol wants. If she choose Gale, she's choosing to rebel and will put her life and the life of everyone she loves in jeopardy. And then there is a crazy twist in 'Catching Fire,' actually there is a couple twists.

Collins did an amazing job continuing the story of Katniss. I love the series so much! I really can't even describe how much I love it! haha. I know that 'Hunger Game's is being made into a movie so I'm really anxious to see it! And I'm really anxious to read the last book in the series, 'Mockingjay.' As for 'Catching Fire,' it's amazing!!!

2 comments:

  1. While I was reading this I wasn't the biggest fan of Catching Fire but about week later, after it all set in I thought the book was absolutely fabulous. It's difficult to top up what she did with THG, but Catching Fire is definitely an amazing follow-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was my favorite of the three.

    ReplyDelete