Thursday, March 17, 2011

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Reading Level: Young Adult

Paperback (ARC): 272 Pages

Publisher: Dutton

Release Date: April 5th, 2011

ISBN: 978-0-525-42294-5

My Rating: 5/5
It's been three years since Adam's love saved Mia after the accident that annihilated life as she knew it...and three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is L.A. tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock start status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.


'Where She Went' is the sequel to 'If I Stay' by Gayle Forman. It picks up three years after 'If I Stay' but it fills in all the blanks of what happened throughout. It's a powerfully emotional story that Gayle Forman has written beautifully. I wasn't really expecting to like the first book but I fell in love with both! I love Mia and Adam's story. Although painstakingly heartbreaking, it's full of hopefulness and possibility and love. Real love. If you enjoyed 'If I Stay' then you will absolutely love 'Where She Went.'

'Where She Went' isn't told from Mia's point of view, it's told through Adam. I love that Forman was able to switch between the two characters so effectively. There is never a moment when their personalities or stories blend together. They are entirely different characters and you can feel it the whole time you're reading. The story picks up three years after Mia's accident. There's so much I want to say but I won't because I don't want to ruin the books if you haven't read them yet. I will say that 'Where She Went' is a perfect companion novel to 'If I Stay'. It wraps everything up beautifully leaving no loose ends.

I highly recommend 'Where She Went' for everyone. I think it's a series that could be thoroughly enjoyed by any kind of book lover. Particularly if you liked 'If I Stay'. It's an incredible story. I totally thought it was going to end differently. I was shocked by the story and the ending and all of it. It was spectacular! Make sure you pick up 'Where She Went' on April 5th! It's well worth the read! : )

4 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the review. I hope I will be able to get my hands on both books sooner or later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved If I Stay. I can't wait for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this one! I loved If I stay. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete