Monday, August 1, 2011

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

Reading Level: Young Adult

Paperback (ARC): 400 Pages

Publisher: HarperTeen

Release Date: September 27, 2011

ISBN: 978-0-06-199056-6

My Rating: 5/5
Skye first sees dark, charming Asher and golden, reserved Devin on the night of her seventeenth birthday. She has no idea what they want, or why they seem to follow her every move. They even know things about her that strangers could never know. Soon she begins to question not just the identity of the two boys, but also the truth about her own past.
Skye's torn between the one she can't help falling for and the one she can't stay away from. The consequences of her choice will reach further than the three of them could ever imagine.

'A Beautiful Dark' by Jocelyn Davies is one of the most amazing reads that I've experienced in a long time. I literally just finished reading it and I jumped right on the computer to write this review. It catches your interest from the start and holds it. And the ending, WOW! 'A Beautiful Dark' is incredible and I can definitely see myself reading it again and again! Jocelyn Davies delivered with 'A Beautiful Dark,' I'm still trying to stop reeling from all the excitement!

I won't say much about 'A Beautiful Dark' because it's an ARC. But, I will say, it was fantastic. I haven't been so in love with a book since Twilight, or The Hunger Games! 'A Beautiful Dark' is about a teenage girl named Skye. She has a very tragic story. She doesn't really doesn't date much, but she doesn't have that typical "average teenage girl" thing that you see in so many books lately. She's opinionated, thinks logically, and is all around, an amazing character!

I think that everyone should put 'A Beautiful Dark' by Jocelyn Davies on their wish list. For me, it's an absolute must have! I was completely captivated by it through the entire read. Davies has an incredible writing style that hooks into you and makes you want to read more and more! This is her debut novel, and wow, did she make an entrance onto the YA scene. Everyone will love 'A Beautiful Dark' especially fans of 'Fallen' and 'Twilight.'

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an awesome books, and I love the cover. I'm such a cover person. It's definitely on my list. Nice review. :)

    I was looking over your list for rak, and I noticed you have the iron witch on there. I have a copy that just sitting on myshelf if you would like it email me and let me know bookserieslover@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete