Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. Smith

Reading Level: Young Adult

Paperback: 512 Pages

Publisher: HarperTeen

ISBN-10: 006114097X
ISBN-13: 978-0061140976

My Rating: 2/5
Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants.
Stefan: brooding and mysterious, he seems to be the only one who can resist Elena, even as he struggles to protect her from the horrors that haunt his past.
Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him. Determined to have Elena, he'd kill to posses her.

I know that a lot of people really loved this book And I'm fairly certain that even more loved the show but I didn't like either. I initially picked up 'The Vampire Diaries' book because it was recommended to me to read after Twilight. Now, I don't know if it was because this series pales in comparison to 'Twilight' or what it is but I really didn't like it. I actually couldn't even read the second book in this book because I didn't like it that much. And the only reason I went out and got it when I did, was because I wanted to read it before watching the show. I don't like the show either.

I'm not even really sure what to write here. I usually just tell everyone what the book is about that I read but I'm going to leave that part out. I think I will ask people some questions instead. Like, did anyone else really like this series? And if so, does it get better later on? I really just could NOT get into it, no matter how much I wanted to. I might give the series another shot though. I don't know that I'll watch the show but I will probably try reading the books again. Really though, it wasn't for me. And if my opinion changes the next time I read it, I'll be sure to jump on and post a new review with my changed rating.

2 comments:

  1. I did like this series, I LOVE L.J. Smith's books but Vampire Diairies is my least favorite of her works. The show isn't like the book at all, and a lot of people liked the show more, so you could still give it a try since it's not really like it. If you have time try L.J. Smith's other works like the Secret Circle or the Dark Visions Trilogy! :)

    ReplyDelete