Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Sparkling Misfortune by Laura Lond

Reading Level: Young Adult

Paperback: 126 Pages

Publisher: Create Space

ISBN-13: 978-1460922361

My Rating: 5/5
Yes, you have guessed it: I am a villain. What? You wanted a noble hero? Well, tough. You've got the wrong book then. But let me tell you something before you put it down: there are no heroes without us villains. They'd have nothing to show off against. Besides, good boys do some wicked tricks as well, as you will see if you keep reading my story, and it takes some heroism to be a villain at times, too. I suppose you already know it though, if you're smart, which you have to be because I'm not writing this for silly people.


I absolutely loved this story! I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever read anything like it. Especially because it is from the villains point of view. I completely adored the story and characters. Even the "villain." Lond created a captivating tale full of suspense and humor. I think it would be an amazing book to anyone but particularly to a younger...young adult ha ha. Like, between 10 years and 13 especially.

'My Sparkling Misfortune' is a book about a book told through Lord Arkus, or the Lakeland Knight. He is the villain in the story, which is one thing that makes this book so different from anything else. Another thing that completely separates 'My Sparkling Misfortune' from any other like it, is the fact that Lord Arkus is writing his own book, which is the book you are reading. So, at some points, it's like he's commentating, which is really cool. I also love the cover picture and the pictures throughout the book. Every chapter has a picture at the very end depicting one event that happened within the chapter.

'My Sparkling Misfortune' is a great story. Lond writes with good humor and created awesome characters! I liked everything about the story. Especially the flip flop with the villains. It's definitely worth the read, which is why I gave it 5/5! I would suggest it to people who are fond of fairy tale type books. It's a quick, but cute, read and I hope that Lond will be writing more books like this one. I'll definitely be watching for more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment