Saturday, April 9, 2011

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Reading Level: Young Adult

Paperback: 448 Pages

Publisher: Razorbill

ISBN: 978-1-59514-197-2

My Rating: 5/5
Rose knows it is forbidden to love another guardian. Her best friend, Lissa-the last Dragomir princess-most always come first. Unfortunately, when it comes to gorgeous Dimitri Belikov, some rules are meant to be broken...
Then a strange darkness begins to grow in Rose's mind, and ghostly shadows warn of a terrible evil drawing nearer to the Academy's iron gates. The immortal undead are closing in, and they want vengeance for the lives Rose has stolen. In a heart-stopping battle to rival her worst nightmares, Rose will have to choose between life, love, and the two people who matter most...but will he choice mean that only one can survive?


The Vampire Academy series is easily one of my favorites. Although I've only read the first three books, it's a series that I love to get so completely consumed in that I don't care about anything else. Ha ha. I loved 'Shadow Kiss' so much, it's hard to describe. It's definitely my favorite in the series so far and it completely surpassed my expectations for the series.

'Shadow Kiss' is told through Rose Hathaway. It picks up shortly after 'Frostbite'. Rose is still attending St. Vladimir's Academy and (by the end of the book) is mere months from graduating. She trains like crazy, and all the graduating Dhampir students are partaking in a field exam where they are assigned a Moroi to guard from fake "strogoi" attacks. Rose was, and remains to be, one of my favorite characters in a series. And I can't get enough of her and Dimitri. Their story really heats up in this book. I don't want to give away too much for the people who haven't read this book but I was shocked by the ending!

If you haven't had a chance to read Vampire Academy, or have just been putting it off, I urge you to start reading it! The series just keeps getting better and better. I mean, I can really only say that it's amazing. Richelle Mead is a phenomenal writer and I love reading her books! I desperately want to read the next book in the series, Blood Promise. I'm sure it's going to be just as incredible!

3 comments:

  1. I really love this series, and I was SO sad to see it end! I'm glad you are enjoying it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood Promise is one of my most fave in that series! And you are so right the ending of Shadow Kiss killed me... wait till you read Blood Promise... it broke me to bits several times!

    Ahhhhh feel like rereading the VA series all over again. Have you tried her Succubus series??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really need to start this series soon!!! Thanks for your review:)

    ReplyDelete