Monday, December 6, 2010

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Soft Cover: 485 Pages


Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry


ISBN-13: 978-1-4169-5507-8


My Rating: 5/5

When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons-and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attaked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...

This is the first installment of a three book series. It's about a young girl named Clary Fray who is not you ordinary girl. She has an odd look complete with frizzy red hair and green eyes. Despite her odd demeanor she is beautiful in her own right. She is one of the main characters in the City of Bones.

I was skeptical about reading this novel as I have never really been into the Fantasy genre. I was suprised to find how much I enjoyed the first installment of 'The Mortal Instrument' series. I found it easy to relate to the main character in the novel. Partly because she isn't your normal, overzealous, blond, blue eyed girl. She enjoys music, fights with her mom and comes from a torn family just like most people now a days. The novel takes unexpected twists and turns throughout as you get to join Clary on her crazy adventure into another world. when Jace is thrown into the mix, things get more and more intense and weird. He takes Clary to numerous places, dangerous or not. And his "hot and cold" attitude always leaves you wondering.

Amidst all the craziness in 'City of Bones' there is a love story development. This book has just got it all, kindred spirits, vampires, paranormal creatures, romance, and action. 'City of Bones' pulls you in from the first chapter and keeps you there. Never a dull moment or a chance to catch your breath puts this YA fantasy  near the top of my list.


6 comments:

  1. This is a great series. One of my favorite YA's :)

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to say, that I have only had the opportunity to read the first installment. I'm excited to read the last 2 as I was completely captivated with 'City of Bones'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book. I'm reading the second book now and it is so hard to put down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read the second book! I love the first one and I've been dieing to read the second one. I'm going to have to pick it up ASAP and just put the other books I want to read on hold! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Mortal Instruments!! You will find yourself infuriated and enamored with Jace the whole way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet I will Lauren! I loved the story between Jace and Clary, including the twists and turns. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book! : )

    ReplyDelete