Friday, December 10, 2010

Copycat by Erica Spindler

Paperback: 480 pages

Publisher: Mira

ISBN-13: 978-0-7783-2445-4

My rating: 4/5



Five years ago, three young victims were found murdered, posed liked little angels. No witnesses, no evidence left behind. The Sleeping Angel Killer called his despicable acts "the perfect crimes." The case nearly destroyed homicide detective Kitt Lundgren's career-because she let the killer get away.
Now the sleeping Angel Killer is back.
But Kitt notices something different about this new rash of killings-a tiny variation that suggest a copycat killer may be re-creating the original "perfect crimes." Then the unthinkable happens. The Sleeping Angel Killer himself approaches Kitt with a bizarre offer: he will help her catch his copycat.
Kitt must decide whether to place her trust in a murderer...or risk falling victim to a fiend who has taken the art of the perfect murder to horrific new heights.

I finished 'Copycat' by Erica Spindler last night. I have to start off by saying that this book is full of tension! You can feel it through the whole read. The story is told from 3 people's Point of view. It's more told from Kitt Lundgren's then anyone else. None the less, the story is shared by Detective Kitt Lundgren, Detective Mary Catherine Riggio (M.C.) and the SAK (Sleeping Angel Killer).

Erica Spindler does an awesome job of building the tension up in this book! It's the first one that I've read by Erica Spindler and I have to say, I was not disappointed. There are some classic scenarios in 'Copycat.' Good vs Evil, being the most prominent. Kitt Lundgren and M.C. are like the complete opposites of each other. They hate having to work together but because the SAK has personally chosen Kitt to lead the investigation, they are forced to. They try not to bond and build a relationship but it's inevitable! They are both constantly pulling back and trying to push each other way. 

The only bad thing I have to say about this book, is that the ending was not what I expected. I definitely think that it's worth a read, don't get me wrong! I just had high expectations for the end and it didn't turn out to be as good as I thought. I think one of the main things that people love about books and movies like this, is the guessing. Everyone always makes their own speculations as to who the killer is and why. Then a new piece of evidence pops up, and you come up with a new speculation! I loved reading this book, even with the ending not being that great. Like I said, I think it's definitely worth a read so make sure you pick it up and check it out! Tell me what you think of it and the ending!

Happy Reading!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment