Sunday, December 26, 2010

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Genre: Young Adult

Paperback: 336 Pages

Publisher: Razorbill

ISBN-13: 978-1-59514-174-3

My Rating: 5/5

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with an unbreakable bond to the Earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from the Strigoi; the fiercest and most dangerous vampires-the ones who never die.
The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a Dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making her one of them.
After two years of illicit freedom, Rose and Lisse are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir's Academy, hidden in the deep forests of Montana. Rose will continue her Dhampir education. Lissa will go back to being Queen of the elite Moroi social scene. And both girls will resume breaking Academy hearts.
Fear made Lissa and Rose run away from St. Vladimir's-inside the Academy's iron gates, their world is even more fraught with danger. Here, the cutthroat ranks of the Moroi perform unspeakable rituals, and their secretive nature and love of the night creates an enigmatic world full of social complexities. Rose and Lissa must navigate through this dangerous world, confront the temptation of forbidden romance, and never once let their guard down, lest the Strigoi make Lissa one of them forever...

Even though I gave 'Vampire Academy' a 5/5 rating, this is going to be a short review. It's Christmas time and I'm spending it with my family, but I finished my book so I had to hop on here to do a review.

I LOVE this book. I liked everything about it. I didn't find any overly annoying or played out characters. There was nothing I really disliked about this book. It could have had a bit more action than it did but it was still an amazing read! It has a really well developed plot as well as excellent character development. And, it literally has a little bit of everything I love! Fights, love, forbidden romance, vampires, you name it!

The story is told from Rose Hathaway's point of view. She's a rebellious teenage girl with no real family and nothing to loose, except Lissa. Lissa is her best friend. They share this bond and Rose knows how Lissa's feeling all the time! The kind of connection they share has been lost among the Dhampir and Moroi people. So no one is really sure (at first) how they got this connection. Rose is a beautiful girl who falls for her mentor and Guardian coach, Dimitri. I couldn't wait to read about the next "romantic'" moment between Dimitri and Rose. I don't know why, or what it was, but I like the whole relationship that Dimitri and Rose have.

All in all, this was an excellent read. Amazing story line and wicked characters makes Vampire Academy one of my favorite books so far! It is definitely worth the read so, if you haven't read it yet, you better get it! And if you have read it, what did you think? I liked it so much, I'm reorganizing my TBR pile so I can read 'Vampire Academy Frostbite' next!

Happy Reading!! : )

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm your newest follower from a Friday Blog Hop! I'd love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://motherdaughterconnection.blogspot.com/
    http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vampire Academy is one of my favorite series, if you havent read past the first couple then you are so in for a treat! I love them all but they just keep getting better and better as you go. I will be reading Last Sacrafice soon and I cant wait to see what happens! I am a new blogger and will be posting my first review soon and would like it if you checked my blog out to. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christina! Thanks for coming by my blog. : )
    Vampire Academy was incredible! I really loved the first book and I can't wait to read the rest. I just got back from my Christmas Vacation trip so I haven't had an opportunity to start the second one BUT I can't wait too. I'm starting it today! Welcome to the blogging community! If you need help with anything, I'd be glad to try and help! I'm a new blogger too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower of your blog ;)
    The Vampire Academy's series is my favourite !! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did !! Great review !! Here's my blog if you'd like to take a look at it : onceuponaquote.blogspot.com !! Happy reading, enjoy Frostbite =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am loving Vampire Academy so far! I'm just into the second book now and I love it!

    ReplyDelete