Thursday, February 3, 2011

Still no internet! BAH!

Ok, so I just wanted to keep everyone updated on my situation so you all don't think I just disappeared! Like I said, I have TERRIBLE luck with internet, cable, and phone people. Let me tell you what happened.
Yesterday morning (February 2nd) the guy from Verizon was supposed to come and hook up our phone, internet, and cable. They said, they'll be there between 8am and 11am. We confirmed the appointment via email before we moved because we would have no services once we did. So, I sat there and waited.....and waited....and waited. Then my husband comes home for lunch (at 1:30) and says, I called Verizon. Apparently, they forgot that they were supposed to hook up our phone because they tried to call the number that they were installing for us just to make sure we are home. Of course, it's not connected because we just moved here AND there's no phone. Because we "didn't answer or were unavailable" they cancelled our appointment. WHAT? lol. I'm just so...shocked. I mean, what can I really say to that?? They tried to call a number that they were coming here to hookup. I mean...why? Don't they take notes? We were transferring our service, clearly we have no phone or anything. UGH I'm very frustrated. So, needless to say, I have no phone, internet or cable at my apartment. And Verizon said they were going to expedite our installation. They said they would call us back. That was 23 hours ago. Terrible, just terrible.
Fortunately for me, all the little coffee shops in my area provide free wi-fi when you are there. So I can use their internet temporarily to notify everyone of why I'm not back yet. And I probably won't be for a few more days. GREAT!
On the plus side, I did receive my ARC copy of 'Fury of the Phoenix' by Cindy Pon in the mail today-I'm SO excited! So, I can't wait to read and review it! : ) I'll try to hop around to everyones page and see what's going on while I have the opportunity! Thanks everyone! Sorry for the delay!

Happy Reading! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment